“I initially found Tissy when referred by a friend for pregnancy massage. When your body is going through so much the massage gave so much relief both mentally and physically. I felt like melting chocolate !” Martha
I offer Antenatal Massage from as early as the first trimester, throughout the pregnancy and postnatally. I trained and qualified with Suzanne Yates of Well Mother UK, who specialises her work in “Supporting the Wellness of Parents & Babies”. As well as my training with Suzanne, I took up a 4 years Shiatsu training, as well as a Doula Training, which make my approach and preparation to childbirth very unique.
This treatment is given on a futon – Japanese Mattress on the floor – thus creating a safe and comfortable environment for the mother to be. I use a combination of Shiatsu and Swedish massage and offer after care and birth preparation advices.
From 37 weeks pregnancy, I use acupressure to prepare the body for the birth..
The benefits of Pregnancy Shiatsu Massage:
- Soothes and relaxes and reduces stress
- Improves circulation (reducing pregnancy related oedema)
- Improves all physiological functions
- Relieves tension in the back, neck and weight-bearing joints
- Helps reduce sciatica (pain down the back of the thigh, leg and foot), improves sleep and relieves headache and sinus congestion
- Reduces aches and pains relating to the musculoskeletal strains
Pregnancy Shiatsu Massage (60 min) – €65